Monday 2 June 2014

ONLY DAYS LEFT BETWEEN THE TD AND ME!


My Teammates, My Friends, My Family:

It is hard to believe that I am now only 7 days from leaving for Banff Alberta and 11 days from beginning a journey of a lifetime starting Friday June 13, yes…Friday the 13th! My Tour Divide, 4418kms from Banff to Antelope Wells New Mexico, will begin with enthusiasm, confidence, and a strong sense of strength because of you and your support. I believe I have done the work to build a foundation of fitness in which to work from as the miles increase and the route throws all it can at me. I want to finish in 25 days (but must be flexible), requiring consecutive 180km days regardless of weather, terrain, or adversity, but will approach it with the respect required and awareness (of body, mind, equipment, and surroundings) needed to complete the journey. I have a willingness to endure discomfort and some pain and understand that there is a price to be paid to achieve success.

Here are a few items of interest:
1) All my equipment needs have been taken care of.
2) Children's Wish Foundation arranged to have my flight to Banff donated and for my bike to be shipped through a sponsor - thank you Cheryl.
3) Giant Tiger of Halifax and Dartmouth raised $4000 for Autism NS in their round it up promotion and Giant Tiger Canada will donate up to $5000 for 'likes' on their web page for my ride and Giant Tiger Halifax Dartmouth. Thank you Scott, Patty, and Giant Tiger.
4) My 'big brother' and long time friend Phil O'Hara purchased and donated an IPad Mini for my trip pictures and blog updates - thank you Phil.
5) I've completed promotions in the Herald, On CTV Morning Live, with Ray Bradshaw at Global TV, and on radio with Seaside FM and various other local stations, and at local schools.
6) I've logged 1000's of kms of biking over the last 6 months in the snow, rain and limited spring weather along with some long distance single training days over the last month.
7) I've received 100's of commitments from family, friends, and community members to sponsor me and my journey benefitting the Children's Wish Foundation and Autism NS - Thank you so much!
8) I hope I've motivated people to work toward health, happiness, and helping others while strengthening bonds in our community.

Thus far we've raised, through early payments and registered commitments, around $24000. I expect to reach my goal of $27450.00 and I thank all of you for helping make this happen. Many of you have inquired: 'How do I forward payment to sponsor your ride?'…here are three ways:

You can log on to these two sites and donate directly and receive proof of payment:
Children's Wish:
http://ns.childrens-wish.ca/tourdivide
Autism NS:

The third method of payment...If you prefer to send payment to me via cheque (to me or made direct to the Charity of Choice above), you can mail it to the address below along with your full name and mailing address. You can send now or wait until the journey is completed.

Brad Crossley
15 Fiddlers Green
Dartmouth NS
B2V1Y9
℅ Tour Divide

I will send out one more email prior to beginning on June 13 with a final update, and links to my blog and the site to track my progress via a SPOT Navigation device/link. 

I can't thank you enough! You've given me strength, whether through kind words, by following the journey with enthusiasm, or through sponsorship. I truly appreciate you!

Brad Crossley
www.facebook.com


No comments:

Post a Comment